Prequel: A Miracle I Do Not Remember
January 22, 2024
It is truly astounding to remember my parents telling me about this experience. I have no memory of this. I only have the memory of my parents telling me about it.
My father worked as a machinist at a refinery for many years. Refineries are dangerous places. I don’t know if this is still true, but at that time, if one looked directly at an arc welder, it could flash and cause a serious burn in the eyes. This happened to my father. It was incredibly painful, and there was, in those days, nothing that could be done for it. The condition usually lasted for about 24 hours.
My father couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat, couldn’t do anything but walk the floor, and sit in pain. I was about three years old at the time. I asked my mother,
“‘What is wrong with daddy?”
She told me his eyes hurt really bad. (My mother told me that) I replied,
“Don’t worry, Daddy; God will make it stop.”
I placed my little hands on his eyes. The pain stopped instantly.
I wish I could remember for myself, what that was like. But I can only remember my parents telling of it. I think that at that age we are still strongly connected to the Spiritual realm. I believe that is why I could, with complete and pure confidence channel the healing power of God through my small hands to the eyes of my father.
I don't know where that little boy went as I got older, but I hope he is still inside me, and I can know him again one day.
Comments
Post a Comment